Using XBOX Live is one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences on the planet, and it has made many games even more popular than they already were. In fact, XBOX Live is one of the reasons why many gamers choose the XBOX over any other console. However, to use XBOX Live, you need to have a connection to the internet, and more importantly, you’ll need to have a router. If your XBOX 360 is not in the same room with your computer, and you don’t have a very long Ethernet cable, then you will need a wireless router to be specific.
If you don’t want to spend money on a wireless router then you can simply use this tutorial to learn how to connect to XBOX Live using your laptop withVistainstead! Keep in mind your laptop must haveVistainstalled for this to work.
- First you’ll need to make sure your XBOX 360 is working fully and your laptop is connected to a wireless network. Make sure your internet connection is active and that your wireless connection is steady and fast with no interruptions. Any interruptions in the connection speed can cause lagging in gameplay and will make the XBOX Live experience highly frustrating. If you have confirmed these things, then you are ready to proceed to the next step in this tutorial.
- Turn your XBOX 360 off, and with the XBOX off and the laptop on, connect the two via Ethernet cable.
- On your laptop, click on the “Start” menu then click “Network”. Then select the “Network and Sharing Center” tab. Click “Manage network connections” and you should see two icons. “Local Area Connection” and “Wireless Internet Connection”.
- Drag your mouse to highlight both of these icons at the same time, and then right-click the highlighted box. Now select “Bridge Connections”.
- Now you can turn your XBOX 360 on and sign in to XBOX Live!
If you need to use your computer for the internet, then you will need to right-click on the bridge connections option again and then select “Disable” to use the internet on your laptop. If you want to be able to connect your laptop and your XBOX 360 to the internet at the same time then you will need to buy a wireless router, there is simply no way around it.
Will is the owner and editor of Tech FAQ. He is technology and gadgets junkie with a degree in electronics